Sunday, December 28, 2008

2008 in Review

Best Book I Read- The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman

Best Foreign Film I saw- Isao Takahata's Grave of the Fireflies

Best Thing to Happen to my Music Collection- The Books The Lemon of Pink and Mount Eerie, Julie Doiron & Fred Squire Lost Wisdom

Best Time- That evening in Philly when Rachel, Matt, Adam, and I giggled for hours while large acorn type things fell on our heads. Because I spent time that evening reflecting on how lucky I have been in the last year in my life. And I had a great epiphany that Japan sometimes makes a lot of sense and sometimes I really like it. And I knew I was going to North Carolina the following morning and that is a beautiful place.

Best Work Related Thing- The 5th graders I now teach at my favorite elementary school and the friendship I have built with the teacher I teach alongside.

Best Thing I Bought- The pinkish purple pen from the Museum of Modern Art in Tokyo with a chubby ballerina on it.

Best recent Line from The Everybodyfields- I am just a ray of sun, you are daylight/ I'm an early morning, you were a good night/ And a pray before I can go to sleep

No comments: