Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hanging On

Come August I will let go of everything.
My job. My health insurance. My paycheck. My apartment.
Everyday I have moments of complete horror. I think about things like references and resumes. What my parents house looks like in the middle of the day. Free internet at Panera Bread.

Then I have moments of feeling completely free. For the first time in my life I have no educational obligations. No lease. No partner to make geographic locational promises to. No debt. No desire to prove myself based on how much money I make or how professional my work wear must be. Only an urge for something bigger.

Things are no longer secure nor does cultural loneliness loom in the future.
Instead, every moment is fleeting and will soon be lost to overwhelming freedom.

But it is not just me, everything will lose grip soon.

No comments: